Trio of Linn, Murray and Solly return to SB Nation Radio; form new morning show

October 5, 2016 (New York, NY and Houston, TX) – SB Nation Radio announced a new morning show featuring the return of show hosts Scott Linn, Tim Murray and Steve Solomon! The show, SB Nation AM with Linn, Murray and Solly, will debut on October 10th at 6am ET.

The three are rejoining the network after spending six years on the The Steve Czaban Show. Murray has also hosted The Tim Murray show on SB Nation Radio on Sunday evenings.

“This group is a talented trio”, said David Gow, CEO of SB Nation Radio. “They have long been integral to the success of our network, and we are excited to give them their own show.”

Scott Linn brings over 20 years broadcasting experience to the show, including having served as a show co-host and anchor at Fox Sports Radio and as an anchor and operations manager at ESPN 980 in the Washington, D.C. market. In addition to being a regular contributor to BBC Radio in London, Linn has also spent many years assisting on radio broadcasts for the Redskins, Capitals, and Wizards. You can follow Scott on Twitter at @ScottLinn980.

“I am excited to launch this show,” said Scott Linn. “This is a great opportunity for the three of us to stretch our creative legs and still incorporate many of the fun elements our SB Nation Radio listeners have come to love. Having worked for such a long time with Murray and Solly, I know the chemistry is there and we will have a blast.”

Tim Murray currently hosts DMV Game Time on ESPN 980 in Washington, D.C. He also serves as the afternoon anchor (3-6:30 p.m.) for the station. For the past three years, Murray was a daily contributor on SB Nation Radio and filled in as host when needed. Murray also serves as the studio host for The Navy Football Radio Network, where his responsibilities include hosting the pregame, postgame, and halftime show. You can follow him on Twitter at @1TimMurray.

“I have nothing but great things to say about SB Nation Radio,” said Murray. “The many opportunities I’ve had to fill-in along with hosting my own show for the last few years has prepared me to take on such a challenge.”

Steve Solomon began his broadcasting career as a board operator and later a full-time producer for Yahoo! Sports Radio in 2006. He also hosts a weekly show dedicated to mixed martial arts on ESPN 980 in Washington D.C. You can follow Steve on Twitter at @SteveSolomon.

Gow Media has been operating as Yahoo Sports Radio, in partnership with Yahoo Sports, since 2011 and was rebranded on August 1st as SB Nation Radio.

“We’re thrilled to get this group back together and form the most entertaining morning show in sports radio,” said Craig Larson, COO/PD of SB Nation Radio.

About Gow Media

Based in Houston, Gow Media, LLC distributes audio content under the SB Nation Radio brand, reaching an estimated six million people each week on a network of over 500 terrestrial radio stations, Sirius Satellite Radio, mobile and digital partners. Gow Media, L.L.C. also owns two sports talk radio stations in Houston. Gow Media, L.L.C. is backed by a private investment group with significant experience in media ownership. The investor group includes Steve Webster, co-manager and co-CEO of Avista Capital, Patrick Dugan, vice president and general counsel of Nortex Corporation and David Gow, chairman and CEO of Gow Media, L.L.C.

Media Contact:

For Gow Media & affiliations
Craig Larson
Craiglarsonjr@aol.com

51 Comments

1. Ben

October 5, 2016 at 10:26 am

no czaban? What, exactly, is wrong with you guys? i love solly, i love scott, i love the big ginger but this is blasphemy.

2. Bob Moore

October 5, 2016 at 11:31 am

So they liked everyone but Czaban, the host for whom the show was named? Wha, wha what???????Sounds as if they wanted to shed a big salaary.

3. Chris

October 5, 2016 at 1:25 pm

Morons
    With each new day you are proving your ineptitude again at even greater levels!

4. Bryan Hunt

October 5, 2016 at 1:58 pm

Better than anything else probably, but not as good as what they already had. Linn is to boring to have his own show.

5. Jake

October 5, 2016 at 3:22 pm

#bringbackczabe

That is all

6. Stephen R

October 5, 2016 at 3:56 pm

Solly will have to step up as a foil for the too timid Scott Linn. He’ll have to double down on his cynical contrarian nature to give the show a good back and forth, which is what made Czabe’s show so great and unique.

7. ted Walker

October 5, 2016 at 5:34 pm

Well, wtf? Where’s the straw that stirs the drink? On one hand I’m happy for the trifecta but also looks like a weird machination to dump Czabe, who was clearly the ‘big toe’ but obviously had too big a salary. Oy vey.

8. Dave

October 5, 2016 at 7:30 pm

What a shame! I like the guys but Czabe was the heart and soul of the show. It will be like when Czabe took time off. A little slow but you knew the big guy was coming back soon. I am happy for Scott, Solly and Murray. They have mouths to feed. But, Not hearing Czabe has left a big hole in my mornings.

9. Sputnik Planum

October 5, 2016 at 9:39 pm

I’m not laughing…

10. Ben Konop

October 5, 2016 at 11:01 pm

It’s bad enough that Czabe is gone. Now we learn the rest of the guys carry on, thereby eliminating any chance of a reunion. Just devastating news…again.

11. Scott J

October 6, 2016 at 1:28 pm

Booooooooo!! Wheres the Czabe? I was a podcast listener and always skipped over the days when Czabe wasn’t there and Scott filled in. Guess I’ll skip this show.

12. John Carney

October 8, 2016 at 11:53 am

No Czabe? Seriously? Did Gow ever listen to the show when Czabe wasn’t there?

Clay Travis has a good new show on Fox Sports now that I’ll listen to until Czabe lands somewhere.

13. Carl Koestner

October 8, 2016 at 12:42 pm

Remember how the Bulls were without Jordan?

14. Larry Mosher

October 10, 2016 at 6:09 am

Good luck with new show.Life is always changing,radio is no different.

15. Marshall Stomel

October 10, 2016 at 8:38 am

Welcome back guys! My mornings were just not the same without you!

16. Bob Popp

October 10, 2016 at 9:22 am

Czabe made the show. I tuned in for him. The guys were great, because of Czabe, similarly Ringo and George weren’t the band. I grew up a KISS fan, I hear KISS is still around, but no Ace or Peter so I wouldn’t know or care. Good luck with the new show, I guess.

17. Kurt

October 10, 2016 at 10:10 am

So the Cavs have new ownership and their first move is to cut LeBron James. Brilliant!

I’ll give these guys a listen cuz I’m a Solly fan and these guys have good rapport, but SB Nation has washed my expectations down the drain.

18. B Lane

October 10, 2016 at 1:31 pm

Very Disappointed. Those other guys are just guys, they are not the talent Zcaban was. I listened to the first 30 minutes today and it was NOT GOOD. Scott Lin seemed like he was reading from a premade essay he wrote the night before as usual and the constant appreciation to just have a job reminded me of a dude always worried his girlfriend was too attractive for him. It wasn’t good radio and hard to listen to. I agree, when Zcabe wasn’t there the show was NOT GOOD. Sometimes good coordinators (football reference) cannot be head coaches. I will give this show one more days listen, but I think it will be Russilo and Kanell full time from now on. Hope Zcabe catches on elsewhere so I can listen to him then

19. Greg Fox

October 10, 2016 at 2:49 pm

I agree with all the other listeners. These three guys are good, but it takes the Czabe to make it all work. I’ll give Scott, Murray and Solly a chance, but come on, bring the Czabe back. He’s the straw the stirs the drink!!!!!

20. Will in the 804

October 10, 2016 at 7:15 pm

Wow, I didn’t see this coming. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a big fan of Linn, Solly and the big Ginger but Czaban was glue and talent that held this show together. I’ll give the podcast a try because of the alternatives but I’ll still be interested to see if Czaban lands somewhere else.

21. El Conquistador

October 10, 2016 at 11:10 pm

Side salad ✔️, dinner roll ✔️, baked potato plain ✔️. The 3 supporting sides may be there, but it ain’t no steak dinner without the Czabe.

22. John Kennedy

October 11, 2016 at 12:42 am

Sorry but these guys are nothing without czabe. This is stupid. Boooooooooo!!!! Murray really does suck. Scott isn’t a host and silly is at his best with limited air time. This show won’t last 2 months.

23. Chuck

October 11, 2016 at 5:51 am

This has to be an Al Galdi created “work”! We want Czabe!

24. Sean

October 11, 2016 at 7:08 am

I am very sad to hear of Steve Czaban being fired from your network. Unfortunately, I will not be listening to your network again. Scott, Solly and Murray are nice guys but they are BORING! I skipped the shows when Czaban was out in the past. It looks like I will be skipping them permanently.

Bye!

25. Jeff

October 11, 2016 at 7:24 am

Steak dinner isn’t a steak dinner if you only serve the 3 sides. Where is Czabe.

26. Grifter

October 11, 2016 at 7:53 am

Got to admit that I’m really happy with the change. I live a major media market (hint: #4), and I never really thought that Czabe was that funny or insightful. The only time I could tolerate the show was when he was on vacation and they had Linn lead or a guest host. I guess the SB execs felt the same way.

27. T

October 11, 2016 at 10:04 am

Why would you bring back the Czabe show without Czabe? You don’t make a BLT without bacon? What is wrong with the people at SB nation and Gow? This is moronic, retarded, stupid, idiotic, and dumb.

28. T

October 11, 2016 at 10:08 am

Dear SB Nation radio,
    Please read the comments, it’s obvious that the listeners want Czabe back. Nothing else will do.

29. Big-Ida-Lee

October 11, 2016 at 11:57 am

Pleasant surprise to hear the trio back on the podcast feed. Basically the only sports radio that I can listen to. For those wishing for this or that, look around at other media providers. They are all making decisions of what they want versus what they can afford as viewer/listener patterns change; MANY big names are in transition. Would I like something different? Sure, but I’m not the one paying the bills and keeping the lights on. Thanks SB for giving the trio a place to roost!

30. Night de Iguana

October 11, 2016 at 10:53 pm

At least when Fox Sports booted Czabe they had a direction – Steven A Smith. And that direction was due South. Scott and Tim, get ready for the Steven A treatment in six months

31. Anthony Sadlon

October 12, 2016 at 11:36 am

I have tried for three days. This “new” radio slop is horriable. These guys sound horriable. There is no direction. They step all over each other. And most important, the content has Czabe all over it. This is like putting cubic zirconia in an engagement ring. Yeah is sparkles, up close you see that GOW AND SB NATION is/are cheap bastards!!
    #bringbackczabe

32. Matt M

October 13, 2016 at 7:44 am

Of course I miss the old show, but time for new talent to shine! I’ll never listen to Same & Samer or robot Dan Patrick..very happy to have SB Nation AM.

33. Isotope Man

October 13, 2016 at 9:36 am

Please bring back Steve Czaban to the show! While I am glad to hear Scott et al. back on the show, it is lacking the main reason people tuned in to the show. Next time I get asked to track radio listening time for Arbitron/Neilson, I don’t think I’ll be marking down “SB Nation AM”.

34. Bill from Chattanooga

October 13, 2016 at 7:42 pm

I agree with the comments previously stated. Love the guys, but Czabe was the straw that stirred the drink. I hope u can bring him back.

Btw, you still have quotes on your site under the OPEN LETTER to fans section proclaiming how wonderful it is to have Steve Czaban as part of your network.

Kinda weak soup guys, hope you can reach out and correct this

35. RBS

October 14, 2016 at 6:37 am

Me too! Bring back the Czabe!

36. Bamalama 16

October 14, 2016 at 6:46 am

I think it’s obvious and all of the comments make it clear, the three sidekicks are great guys, but they need a leader to make it all work. You are making me say bad things about Linn, Solly and the ginga ninja, shame on you!! I deleted SB Radio from my preset channels and this show doesn’t make me want to change my mind.

I don’t know who’s fault this is but Czabe, Mr. Gow….please figure this out. The three Amego’s need it!

#moreczaban

37. Pablo

October 14, 2016 at 7:24 am

I agree with the vast majority of people replying, the new show is a side dish without the main course. I really like Scott, Solly and the Ginger. I’m very happy that SB Nation put the best side men on the radio, but they are missing the glue in Czabe. Czabe was the director, the CEO, the head writer, the idea man, the Larry David of “Seinfeld”, the best part of the show. I laughed so much on the way to work when I listened to the show that I’m sure other drivers thought I was crazy. I like the new show MUCH better than the sorry replacements that SB Nation put on after firing Czabe. The bits and sound bites that Czabe developed, and were intergral to the show, are missing. I haven’t laughed listening to the new show, yet, but I hope to in the future. I’ll keep looking for Czabe to surface somewhere, yet, listen to the new show hoping to enjoy it.

38. Chris Kline

October 14, 2016 at 2:13 pm

Bring Czaban back! He is the main reason why I have Sirius/XM radio……

• Mike

October 20, 2016 at 9:45 am

Same here…..

39. David Schuler

October 18, 2016 at 4:55 pm

I’m glad to hear the guys back on the radio but I miss the sound bites, Boss Hog, Homer, Peter Griffen, the CZABE was the mastermind behind what made that show so brilliant , morning radio is non existent for the time being, we need the CZABE back!!

40. Mike

October 20, 2016 at 9:44 am

Not the same without Czabe. I like Scott, Solly and Murray as a SUPPORTING CAST, but without Czabe it is just un-listenable. Off to ESPN I go!!

Idiots.

41. JF

October 24, 2016 at 8:16 am

UN-LISTEN-ABLE

42. Rob Sharp

October 24, 2016 at 8:56 am

Without a doubt I like these guys but how do you break up a great team? You guys have to recognize that you are better as a whole and diluted coffee as this morning show thing. I personally think you guys sold out! And that your brand was better with Czabe than this uninteresting show. Know your role and stay in your lanes. Especially Solly. You should remain behind the board peeking out occasionally.

43. Gespenst

October 25, 2016 at 12:51 pm

Do you want to know what grinds my gears? Faithfully following a radio program only to have them make a joking reference to my alma mater’s plane crash. You are not funny or edgy. Just insulting.

44. Mark

October 25, 2016 at 12:56 pm

I rarely changed the channel when Czabe was on the air, even during commercial breaks. Says a lot given our immediate gratification culture. The commercials were tolerable background noise promising an eventual return to the main event. Now, Linn Murray and Solly are the tolerable background noise with no promise of a main event to keep me from wandering the airwaves. It’s not must listen-to programming as when Czabe was conducting the orchestra. I’m finding fewer and fewer reasons to justify my Sirius subscription.

• Brent

November 7, 2016 at 9:07 pm

Same here

45. CJR

October 26, 2016 at 4:59 pm

I listened to 100 percent of the Czabe show broadcast. I have listened to 3 shows of the new lineup. I’m happy for the guys but can’t support this product. My drive to work is less happy these days for sure. Being back Czabe

46. RJD

October 28, 2016 at 12:24 pm

This is a worse decision than launching Windows 8. He may not be the host you want but he is the host you need. Fix it or lose everyone forever. No offense to the guys you are the best but without Col. John Hannibal Smith would there even be an A Team??

47. Jeff

November 4, 2016 at 6:36 am

This show is terrible now. This was the only sports show I listened to. Please bring Czabe back. You have lost another listener until he is back.

48. John

November 8, 2016 at 8:05 am

IT’S LIKE THE STONES WITHOUT MICK

49. James

December 12, 2016 at 5:32 pm

Don’t get it. Whenever I listen, not much, they still refer to Czabe. Was it a salary dispute, complaint about his content, what? Or is Czabe just taking a break and wanted to test the landscape to see what’s out there, including the salary bump? And during the best time of year to listen content-wise, I can see why they needed something back on the air asap and tried to feed off Czabe’s following but really? Can see Czabe coming back, maybe it was his effort to give these guys their own show? Something’s up, don’t trust the words.